Job Title – Monitoring Evaluation Learning & Research Manager
|Position:||Monitoring Evaluation Learning & Research Manager|
|Department & Location:||MEL&R Department, Head Office, Accra||Date: March 7, 2023|
|Reports to (position):||The Director of Program (DoP)|
The Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Research Manager will oversee the implementation of HFFG’s MEL&R department. He will work with Management and other Program leads to maintain in the organisation and at all levels. He/She will work with other MEL&R team to implement, and maintain sustainable system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
- Lead the development of a performance monitoring plan (PMP) for each project, as required, to organize, plan and document the collection of project performance data, and keep the PMP updated.
- Develops key indicators and objectives that can measure project implementation and results at all levels.
- Contribute to the annual work planning process by working with the M&E Specialist to ensure alignment of the project work plan with the PMP
- Lead in the design and development of M&E data collection tools.
- Develop and ensure the application of effective monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and program quality across the regions and generate quality evidence at various program levels for management decision.
- Provide technical support on project design, strategic development, and overall annual planning and reporting processes for management decisions.
- Lead and assist project managers in the preparation of project monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in line with stakeholder requirements.
- Draft scopes of work (SOW) and manage external evaluation consultants.
- Manage and maintain the organization’s M&E database built on District Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Supervising the M&E team
- Coordinate all research activities, consultants and activities including consultants.
- Leads baseline, midterm and end-line surveys to inform project impacts.
- Publish HFFG’s research reports.
- Undertake regular opinion polls, research and surveys that will contribute to knowledge
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Ensures security of data, network access, and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures.
- Handle M&E and IT and ensure cost-effectiveness.
Requirements and Skills
- A master’s degree plus a professional qualification in statistics, Data Science, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Management Information Systems, or another related course is required.
- Have some knowledge in quality assurance
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in data and analytics, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable innovative implementation of data management and analytics processes.
- Skills in Communication, marketing and branding is an added advantage
- Data analysis and management using statistical packages including DHIS2, SPSS, Stata, R-Studio, Python, or PostgreSQL.
- Strong quantitative knowledge to understand, explain, and conceptualize analyses using development statistical information to inform strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to support strong partnerships and alliances inside and outside of the organization and work in a politically demanding environment
- Experience working for a Foundation, donor, or development organization desired
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management, and data management.
- Demonstrated expertise in using Advanced Excel including the use of macros.
- Experience with or knowledge of leading open-source data collection & management platforms in the humanitarian and development space (e.g., DHIS2, Kobo Toolbox, ODK).
- Good Interpersonal skills, Communication, Collaboration, and ability to speak simply about complex data issues.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation and scanned copies of relevant certificates to: email@example.com with subject line: ME&L Manager_ (surname, first name) email by March 20th 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further engagement.