Position: Programme Manager
Department & Location: Head Office, Accra
Reports to: The Director of Programmes (DoP)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing allocated projects within the organization, from the initial ideation through to completion. He/She will coordinate people and processes to deliver projects on time, within budget and with the desired outcomes aligned to objectives and organizations and donor value
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Plan, prioritize & complete projects on time.
• Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple responsibilities and timelines. Collaborates with the leadership of the organization and project team to drive daily management of allocated projects.
• Excellent report writing skills
• Build project plans with flexibility in approach and methodology; builds detailed project schedule, budget/forecasts and risk management plan with countermeasures. Communicate project risks and progress succinctly and solicits support from HFFG’s leadership to deliver results.
• Optimize schedule by driving discussions to eliminate waste and identify the fastest paths forward.
• Ensure team members are clear on scope and priorities.
• Leads project execution against schedule, revising as appropriate, to meet changing project needs and requirements.
• Ability to hold all team members, including external resources, accountable to complete the project on time, within scope and on budget.
The essential requirements of the job include:
Degree in Social Sciences, development studies, Business Administration or Masters in Public Health with minimum of least 5-6 years working experience in the NGO Sector / Civil Society Organization with minimum of 5 years of direct experience in project management and working with teams. A good IT background and effective time management will be an added advantage.
Current staff of HFFG who meet the qualification are encouraged to apply.
The candidate must;
• Have ability to utilize commonly accepted project management tools to assist in the development of, and adherence to the schedule, including an understanding of project management methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with demonstrated management and conflict-resolution skills
• Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously with a proven track record to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills as required
• Demonstrated ability to present sophisticated or difficult messages clearly and persuasively to all team members and management.
• Must adhere to ethical values, ensuring team members’ adherence to HFFG policies and guidelines at all levels.
• Must be ready to work long hours and sometimes weekends and holidays when the need arises
• Must be a good team player.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following;
▪ Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
▪ Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability while ensuring value for money policy of HFFG.
▪ Preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, work streams & activities.
▪ Managing delivery of the project according to this plan.
▪ Tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to management, ▪ Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and /or budget. ▪ Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
▪ Managing the relationship and communication with team, management, beneficiaries and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction. ▪ Develop monthly lessons learnt and best practices for HFFG’s communication and social media.
▪ Excellent stakeholder management skills are also essential.
▪ Analytical skills are necessary in order to correctly identify risks and solve any problems which may arise throughout the project.
▪ Good time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once. ▪ A good communicator with effective stakeholder management & conflict resolution skills.
▪ Be a good team player and an effective leader who is able to motivate the project team.
▪ Must be ready to start work in January 2023.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Programme Manager_ (surname, first name)
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, scanned certificates to the above email by January 4th 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further engagement.