Job Title – Project Officer
We are currently seeking qualified and motivated Project Officers for our Accra, Eastern and Volta region field offices.
|Position Type:||Full time starting in January 2023|
|Reports to the:||Program Manager and interacts with staff of the organization.|
The Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the project activities and assigned task to attain goals and objectives of the project and HFFG as a whole.
The Project Officer will be responsible for implementing and overseeing project work-plan performance, participating in project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting and programme development at the project site. He /She will be responsible for specific implementing sites of the organization.
- Prepares monthly work plans with planned targets and shares with Program Manager and MEL Officer
- Assigns targets and supervises assigned cadres
- Mentors and provides feedback to project beneficiaries
- Providing monthly support visits to project beneficiaries on the field and assesses progress of work, plans strategies to achieve targets and addresses challenges faced in their work.
- Collecting and cleaning data from project beneficiaries for onward submission to HFFG dashboard.
- Mobilizing and organizing stakeholders for District Coordination meetings
- Mapping key stakeholders on the field and solicit their supports and sustainability of the project implementation.
- Documenting success stories on the project for social media and our website
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and annual project reports and other professional documents as appropriate to the Program Manager.
- Participating in HFFG staff and project team review meetings.
- Performing other duties as and when assigned.
The successful Project Officer must have the following skills:
- Effective Project management and reporting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A good communicator with conflict resolution skills
- Team player
- Time management.
- Organization skills.
- Problem-solving skills
- Adaptability skills
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation skills.
The essential requirements of the job include:
Diploma in Social work, Community Development or Degree in Social Sciences. Business Administration or Masters in Public Health with minimum of 3-4 years working experience in the NGO Sector / Civil Society Organisation with minimum of 4 years of direct experience in project implementation and working with teams.
The candidate must have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously with a proven track record of time management and meeting timelines.
- Must adhere to ethical values of the organization including very high level of integrity.
- Must be ready to work long hours and sometimes weekends and holidays when the need arises
- Must be a very good team player.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the following;
- Identifying training needs of beneficiaries in the context of the project
mobilizing, planning and training beneficiaries
- Operating within defined project objectives, strategies project scope, roles & responsibilities.
- Developing timely monthly work plans and requests for funds while ensuring value for money policy of HFFG.
- Developing monthly lessons learnt and best practices for HFFG’s communication, social media and website.
- Ensuring transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
- Reporting on project activities and expenditure as requested by the Program Manager and according to project timeframes
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Promptly report to Project Manager any changes which may impact on the project implementation
- Be responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Supervising and recording project activities expenditure against budget
- Visiting project sites on a regular basis (monthly or bi-monthly)
- Participating in Project review and staff meetings
- Must be ready to start work in January 2023.
Priority will be given to current staff of HFFG who meet the qualifications.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following; Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation and scanned copies of relevant certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Programme Officer_ (surname, first name) email by January 10th 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further engagement.